Los Angeles Times

www.latimes.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Los Angeles Times to join us.

Esurance Insurance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ask some tough questions on gender equality and opportunities for women to be mentored. Still carries a scent of the good ole boys system but it needs to be addressed. The corporate legal team is tough for women.

Some departments aren’t very supportive of parental leave.

Hamilton Lane Incorporated Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work for all, they truly value their employees, specifically those with families.

Air Lift Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would tell them that this is a great place to work.

Mountain Rose Herbs Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Approx 76% of the Management, from the Owner/President down to front line supervisors are women. We are the movers and shakers in this company.

I would give this a "5" except for some production and shipping departments, the workload doesn't allow for much flexibility due to deadlines of getting products out the door and to our customers.

Acacia Network, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

You are expected to work overtime and a flexible schedule is not an option.

ExploreUSA RV Supercenter Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Working in a male dominated industry can sometimes mean hearing R-Rated language and inappropriate jokes. Having worked at other male-oriented companies, I will say this: The guys here have good intentions and they mean well. They are respectful to women in general, they have a "ladies come first" mindset, and when they say something they think is vulgar in front of a woman, they apologize. They are the type of guys you could call in the middle of the night with a flat time and they would come help.

Tango Card, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to have an influential role in a young fast growing startup. But like many startups, it falls short of creating a level playing field for women because it lacks a performance review process. Perceptions of job performance can be subjective and based on favoritism. There is no diversity awareness training because "we don't have the resources" and I worry that bias goes unchecked. Also, many of the management team are first-time managers and make leadership mistakes accordingly. As a technology company, there are few women which can feel isolating for the existing women at the company. In part, this is because the majority of our employees come through referrals and people refer their male friends. On the plus side, the culture is laid back and fun. The departments are tight-knit and the mentality is "we're all in this together." The company is also accommodating for personal and family emergencies. In most roles, if you need to leave early to pick your kids up from school it's no problem (our CEO often does with his kids). You can also work from home whenever you want and so long as you get your work done, no one cares. The exception to this is roles in customer service since you do have to be in the office to answer support calls during set business hours. There is room for growth in entry level positions but not really for mid-career positions. This is partly due to the small size and early nature of the company. As the company grows, I hope that changes but I'm concerned that unconscious bias could make it harder for women to rise in the ranks as positions open up. With the exception of the CFO, all management is male and have stay at home wives. I think this contributes to underlying beliefs that women will be less committed to their jobs when they have kids.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

We just surpassed 50 employees so now FMLA kicks in for maternity leave. But this is still unpaid.

Siemens Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.1

Overall, good place to work as a woman. I felt comfortable even as an intern.

University of Massachusetts Medical School Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 4 years and there are a lot of women working here, both in higher positions and in support roles. As seems to be standard for healthcare and biomedical research, there are more women than men. However, although 12 weeks of maternity leave are provided, none are paid by the university - you have the option to pay for your salary with accrued sick/vacation time. I also feel that most people are pressured not to take the full time available, even if they were able to do so financially. As in most scientific venues, women often feel pressured to match or exceed the dedication level of men in their field to "prove" that they're worth something.

RAM Development Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015

I worked there for quite some time. I feel like management took advantage of my nativity and skills. I was almost running the entire business operations after just a few short months. (I was left completely on my own, to my own devices (which should have tipped me off to how the rest of my employment with them would go)after only being there 3 days. Don't get me wrong, not everything about my experience was bad. The other employees I worked with were mostly enjoyable people. My only complaint was ever with management, or rather lack of it. Even though I put in place several ideas that wound up saving the company money, my ideas and input were rarely ever taken into account or listened to. I'm not saying I have the best or brightest ideas but I think some of them at least deserved more discussion. I guess my issue with this really lies with how much personal pressure that management would put on each employee that the success of the business was up to the employee but then not allowing the employees any input into ideas or policies at all.