Office of the Public Defender - State of New Jersey

www.nj.gov/defender/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Office of the Public Defender - State of New Jersey to join us.

The Wendy's Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not work here. There are other businesses that put an equal amount of care into the treatment of customers and employees alike and provide equal opportunities for tasks.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

The Wendy’s Company will allow parental leave, but there isn’t no guarantee that the people facilitating leave will be helpful in any way. Additionally, the company tends to flip-flop between leave policies for college students. Shortly before I left, the policy changed and required college students to quit and reapply for the time they would want to come back.

Improve workplace behavior policies. I have worked many different positions for different companies, and never have I been more disrespected by my co-workers and managers than during my time at Wendy’s. My work environment was incredibly stressful and toxic to the point where customers started to feel uncomfortable watching co-workers do their job and interact with the rest of the crew. Customers would complain to me about the people in the kitchen (who were in view of the customers) about the verbal and physical violence the workers were exhibiting. Additionally, managers would yell at and degrade workers in front of the customers (not that abusive reprimanding is appropriate when it’s out of view) advance well as show clear irritation when the customer showed a coupon or verification for a discount.

HealthSouth Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

no maternity leave

Marriott International, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.8

My property is overwhelmingly managed by women. Extremely inclusive & diverse for example: associates speak different languages & marriott hires translators. We also have full time associates who are deaf & have other disabilities.

Choose your department wisely

Improve schedule consistency (time/days present), PTO accrual rate, cost of medical care options

Corizon Correctional Healthcare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a man's world but it is a great place to learn and grow. I do see discrepancy as far as pay goes between men and women instead of work performance. In fact, work performance seems to have nothing to do with pay/incentives/etc... However, I enjoy the work and the environment. I hate to complain about the pay because it is higher than most jobs in the area but I know there are men making more than me and not even doing half the work I do.

I am about to take maternity leave. I am currently 12 weeks along.

Ayoka Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't be discouraged by not knocking a task out of the park on your first, second, or even third time. Keep going, and do not sell yourself short, your work is more than enough, and if you get caught up on small failures, you will not be able to succeed here.

Promote more women into leadership positions; Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time); Improve my compensation

Reliance Communications Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Your welcome, if you are ok with non adjusting, unappreciated job role.

Tango Card, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a great place to work if you want to have an influential role in a young fast growing startup. But like many startups, it falls short of creating a level playing field for women because it lacks a performance review process. Perceptions of job performance can be subjective and based on favoritism. There is no diversity awareness training because "we don't have the resources" and I worry that bias goes unchecked. Also, many of the management team are first-time managers and make leadership mistakes accordingly. As a technology company, there are few women which can feel isolating for the existing women at the company. In part, this is because the majority of our employees come through referrals and people refer their male friends. On the plus side, the culture is laid back and fun. The departments are tight-knit and the mentality is "we're all in this together." The company is also accommodating for personal and family emergencies. In most roles, if you need to leave early to pick your kids up from school it's no problem (our CEO often does with his kids). You can also work from home whenever you want and so long as you get your work done, no one cares. The exception to this is roles in customer service since you do have to be in the office to answer support calls during set business hours. There is room for growth in entry level positions but not really for mid-career positions. This is partly due to the small size and early nature of the company. As the company grows, I hope that changes but I'm concerned that unconscious bias could make it harder for women to rise in the ranks as positions open up. With the exception of the CFO, all management is male and have stay at home wives. I think this contributes to underlying beliefs that women will be less committed to their jobs when they have kids.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

We just surpassed 50 employees so now FMLA kicks in for maternity leave. But this is still unpaid.

TCS Education System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have formed very close bonds with the women I work with, as do other women in other departments. As a whole, it is very difficult to move up and grow. Politics are often so it can be a very frustrating place to work. Maternity benefits are poor and I see a lot of women unhappy when they return from leave.

Cady Studios Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's management male-dominated. Men with less experience and less education were getting promoted, while other highly rated and other respected female photographers were getting "promotions" without promised pay raise (i.e. more work, no official change in job title, no change in salary) and not finding out until the paycheck came at the end of the week. The microaggressions towards women said callously by management got tiring (and the not-so-microaggressions of stupid sexist jokes that one manager in particular wouldn't shut up about.) If you want higher-up management throwing buzzwords at you every meeting without actually fixing any problems, be my guest.

Seilevel Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Men and women are treated fairly and equally. Expect to work more than your typical 8-9 hr day. The women who are here are all strong women. Getting to the top in this small company is not insurmountable, but do expect to make it your life's effort to do so.