Pearle Vision

www.pearlevision.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Pearle Vision to join us.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is good work/life balance. Some of the sexism is implicit, and occasionally but less often explicit. Maternity leave is OK, not amazing, not awful. They do cover fertility treatments.

It depends on the job. While policies encourage more flexibility like work from home, it is frowned upon the higher up you go in the orginization. The CEO likes to face time. Physically being in the office is an unofficial rule for those that want to advance in the company....specifically at headquarters....otherwise your career will suffer the consequences.

Provide more opportunities for women to advance. BCBSMA pats itself on the back for having a few women in senior leader roles. What about the rest of the company? What about Vice President, Director, and Manager roles?

Maybe. There is good work life balance. If that is a primary concern, this might be a good option, especially in certain pockets of the company.

Virginia Hospital Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a large company, the benefit package is good. Quality of life depends to a great extent on who your boss is. And like most jobs, those you work with on a day-to-day basis count for a lot, too.

Totally depends on your unit and boss. In-patient clinical staff works 3x 12 hr shifts so has days off. Mangers have broad discretion in accommodating (or not) employee scheduling requests. If your manager chooses to, s/he can provide a great deal of flexibility.

I'm a great employee but bosses have free reign to hire their buddies and get rid of staff they don't like even for completely arbitrary reasons. Too many cliques, bullies and mean girls. This is not good for morale. On the plus side, there are some great people in the organization and leadership does value treating patients well. Values a bit of southern charm and hospitality. (Hint: treat your employees just as well and your outcomes will improve!)

Maybe. Totally depends on who your boss is. Limited opportunity for career growth. In my experience, lots of promises related to furthering training and career options, but few actual opportunities. It's unfortunate given that the organization is sitting on a gold mine of good will in this prosperous, progressive community.

Torrance Unified School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

College educated African-American women are considered a threat. Working with students is very rewarding however, the district needs more diversity and willingness to service all areas equally.

Lottie's Lounge Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

As far as a bar goes, I've always felt supported in my initiative and decisions regarding relating to customers.

OC&C Strategy Consultants Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

OC&C Strategy Consultants is a great place to work for!

VML Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

Make sure the reporting and staff support structure is very clear before joining the team. People with children are in the minority.

Only got 10 weeks due to C section.

Maybe. If you don't have kids or the desire for work\life balance, it's a great company. My team was very short staffed and working 60 hour weeks is expected.

Chandler-Gilbert Community College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked for CGCC and within the MCCCD for over 15 years. It was in many ways a great place to work - very nice people and an organizational mission that is clear and community-focused. Compensation is good but rigid - don't expect merit-based raises and the hiring/promotion process is lengthy and arduous. Benefits were amazing in the past; they are still good but employees are losing ground as we grapple with health insurance issue. Flex time policies are very archaic. Other than offering a 4 day week (10 hours a day) or slightly shifting start/end times, there's not many options for employees. Working from home is theoretically possible for some but very frowned upon. There is however great employment stability here - once you are "in the system", you can count on having that job to retirement.

RTI International Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

n/a

Martin Methodist College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The college is small and the "good old boy" network is strong. Not a bad place, but there are very limited opportunities.

Kraft Foods Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

I worked here for almost 4 years. I looked at this job as just that...a job. A stepping stone that helped pay the bills, but would never make us rich by any means. It was a shame a big company such as Kraft could pay so poorly while making huge profits. Then again, no one was putting a gun to my head. I took the job knowing it was what it was, a part time that allowed me to make my own hours and work around my kid's schedules. The pay was poor and there were no benefits whatsoever. My boss, on the other hand, was awesome. She really did appreciate us and told us this every day. She even gave her "team" gift cards at Christmas, but it was out of her own pocket. Kraft didn't reimburse her! Kraft didn't pay any of us bonuses for cleaning up the messes the sales teams left behind but instead gave the sales reps bonuses for increasing sales out in the field! Although I never planned on making this a permanent job, I did like the clients I visited. I had really good customers. Then, out of the blue, mine and all those across the country with the same position as myself, got our pink slips without the courtesy of a warning. We got one week's notice. Months pass when out of the blue I get a call from my old manager. She is excited to tell all of us that we can have our old jobs back if we want. We would have the same territories, with the possibility of new accounts. However, there would be no pay increases. Basically the same old job,only a year newer. I wanted to say no, but I loved my manager. She couldn't help what was happening and was equally as effected by the loss since her job was tied to ours! I told her yes, that I'd help her out, but with the intention that I wouldn't be staying and probably would leave at year's end. Well, Kraft beat me to the punch. Again. Just this past month, Kraft told its managers to once again fire the Beverage Reps as we were no longer needed due to the merger with Heinz! I was shocked, amazed at their careless handling of their employees. I think they forget that although they don't "see" us, we are out there working for them. We are people, too. So, you might have fooled me once, then stupidly twice...there won't be a third. Not for me. I would never recommend Kraft foods to either man, woman or troll.