Lady Young Professional, Aspirin Manager, Advisory

Mid-level women have frequent discussions around balancing family obligations and the hours commitment. And the longer you are with the firm, the more you feel the "boys club" atmosphere. However, the firm does have dialogue and seems to make an effort to bridge the gap.

Madam TellItLikeItis

I've worked at 3 of the Big 4 accounting firms and the "Old Boy" network and sexism was worse here than anywhere. The pack mentality among the men on the large project I was placed on was so bad that it was notorious throughout the entire division and women left it in droves. HR turned a blind eye and fired one associate who spoke up about it. Ethics investigations always sided with the company (they almost always do) but most people just kept their mouths shut and tried to get on other projects. When I asked to be removed, my male "coach" told me I should suck it up because I was new to the company and didn't want to get a reputation as "high maintenance." Ultimately, the manger on the project was verbally abusive and violated a few federal labor laws in the process. I insisted on being removed at which time my "coach" told me I was going to get "dinged" in my annual review for refusing to put up with verbal abuse at a client site. I resigned. Most times I've shared my experience with others in the Big 4 HR community, their response is "Oh, PWC is famous for that." They put on a fantastic show during the interview process and on-boarding was well done and very progressive with all the right touches, but the reality in the office was circa 1950. Oh, another charming side note: one of the partners in our group asked and HR manager to "show us your t*ts" at an after work dinner and most dinners with my group were like being inside a frat house and of course you were expected to "prove" what a good-natured, "cool" girl you were by going along with it all.

I have worked with PwC for one year & I think it is a great place for women overall. In my department, there is a solid mix of men to women.

Lady Cocoa2122

Good place to start a career.

Lady Tigers&Lions Senior Associate, Risk Assurance

I've worked here 5 years. While there are a number of women in the workforce, there are no women partners in this market and I often see them sacrificing their family time for work. In addition, some women seem set on "breaking" other womens' spirits in the office. I've been told I need to be broken down and built back up, I've been mocked for having Celiac Disease (told it was comparable to pollen allergies), and told my personal life was not as important as others because I am unmarried and without children.

Lady Just Mom

Women are treated fairly, and there are women's networking circles to help other women. However, these circles often exclude admin people.

Yes for client service positions; no for support positions (including admin, HR, Marketing, etc.)
Lady KRS12 Consultant, Healthcare

Great place if you don't mind long days, travel, and lots of internal work on top of client work.

Knee Girl

I've only been here under a year. So far so good.

Lady SelinaK

Flexibility is fantastic here, but career advancement in non line businesses, which tend to skew more female than male, is difficult and more limited. While there is paid maternity leave, some managers hold maternity leave against you when it comes to calculating bonuses and ratings.

Lady F0123

PwC is a great place to advance your career, learn leadership skills, etc. Within the the advisory/consulting role, there is A LOT of travel and you will work a lot of hours. I have never felt discriminated against, PwC respects and admires women colleagues. However, work life balance could be better.

If you're looking for work life balance, no. PwC has a lot of progress to make in this respect.

Women Review PwC for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of PwC by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.7 stars, based on 72 reviews Company Website Lady Young Professional, Aspirin Madam TellItLikeItis Lady anon101 Lady Cocoa2122 Lady Tigers&Lions Lady Just Mom Lady KRS12 Knee Girl Lady SelinaK Lady F0123