#6
3.8

Lady Bing

Very male oriented. Difficult to move up.

Lady Aniram

Banking and Capital Markets Advisory

The company is great if you get in with the right group of people. Most female managers and directors don't have kids and they don't really get the responsibilities that come with having a family.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It really depends on who you end up working for. Some partners are great. Others leave much to be desired.

Associate

HR

None

Lady AuditManager

Audit

I worked here for 7 years through Manager. While the Company does have great policies regarding maternity leave, I think people are more challenged by balancing work with ongoing child care responsibilities after the maternity leave time. Client service will always come first and often at the cost of trying to manage any other personal responsibilities, including child care. The competition both within the organization for promotion and for clients makes any individual flexibility plan difficult to maintain.

Lady LalaLu

Tax Manager

Tax

The flexibility and maternity leave are great, but if you take the time, be prepared to pay with your career progression. Also, unless you are a partner, the flexibility can be somewhat of an illusion. I worked there for almost 8 years and after coming back from maternity leave it was hard to take time for my family and feel like it was accepted. There is definitely harsh judgment from male and sometimes even female colleagues if the full maternity leave is taken.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

It would depend on what their career goals and aspirations are.

Lady Young Professional, Aspirin

Advisory

Mid-level women have frequent discussions around balancing family obligations and the hours commitment. And the longer you are with the firm, the more you feel the "boys club" atmosphere. However, the firm does have dialogue and seems to make an effort to bridge the gap.

Madam TellItLikeItis

I've worked at 3 of the Big 4 accounting firms and the "Old Boy" network and sexism was worse here than anywhere. The pack mentality among the men on the large project I was placed on was so bad that it was notorious throughout the entire division and women left it in droves. HR turned a blind eye and fired one associate who spoke up about it. Ethics investigations always sided with the company (they almost always do) but most people just kept their mouths shut and tried to get on other projects. When I asked to be removed, my male "coach" told me I should suck it up because I was new to the company and didn't want to get a reputation as "high maintenance." Ultimately, the manger on the project was verbally abusive and violated a few federal labor laws in the process. I insisted on being removed at which time my "coach" told me I was going to get "dinged" in my annual review for refusing to put up with verbal abuse at a client site. I resigned. Most times I've shared my experience with others in the Big 4 HR community, their response is "Oh, PWC is famous for that." They put on a fantastic show during the interview process and on-boarding was well done and very progressive with all the right touches, but the reality in the office was circa 1950. Oh, another charming side note: one of the partners in our group asked and HR manager to "show us your t*ts" at an after work dinner and most dinners with my group were like being inside a frat house and of course you were expected to "prove" what a good-natured, "cool" girl you were by going along with it all.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

I have worked with PwC for one year & I think it is a great place for women overall. In my department, there is a solid mix of men to women.

Lady Cocoa2122

Good place to start a career.

Lady Tigers&Lions

Senior Associate

Risk Assurance

I've worked here 5 years. While there are a number of women in the workforce, there are no women partners in this market and I often see them sacrificing their family time for work. In addition, some women seem set on "breaking" other womens' spirits in the office. I've been told I need to be broken down and built back up, I've been mocked for having Celiac Disease (told it was comparable to pollen allergies), and told my personal life was not as important as others because I am unmarried and without children.