• Top rated company current
  • Top rated company 2016
  • Top rated company 2017
3.7

Madam TellItLikeItis

I've worked at 3 of the Big 4 accounting firms and the "Old Boy" network and sexism was worse here than anywhere. The pack mentality among the men on the large project I was placed on was so bad that it was notorious throughout the entire division and women left it in droves. HR turned a blind eye and fired one associate who spoke up about it. Ethics investigations always sided with the company (they almost always do) but most people just kept their mouths shut and tried to get on other projects. When I asked to be removed, my male "coach" told me I should suck it up because I was new to the company and didn't want to get a reputation as "high maintenance." Ultimately, the manger on the project was verbally abusive and violated a few federal labor laws in the process. I insisted on being removed at which time my "coach" told me I was going to get "dinged" in my annual review for refusing to put up with verbal abuse at a client site. I resigned. Most times I've shared my experience with others in the Big 4 HR community, their response is "Oh, PWC is famous for that." They put on a fantastic show during the interview process and on-boarding was well done and very progressive with all the right touches, but the reality in the office was circa 1950. Oh, another charming side note: one of the partners in our group asked and HR manager to "show us your t*ts" at an after work dinner and most dinners with my group were like being inside a frat house and of course you were expected to "prove" what a good-natured, "cool" girl you were by going along with it all.

I have worked with PwC for one year & I think it is a great place for women overall. In my department, there is a solid mix of men to women.

Lady Cocoa2122

Good place to start a career.

Lady Tigers&Lions

Senior Associate

Risk Assurance

I've worked here 5 years. While there are a number of women in the workforce, there are no women partners in this market and I often see them sacrificing their family time for work. In addition, some women seem set on "breaking" other womens' spirits in the office. I've been told I need to be broken down and built back up, I've been mocked for having Celiac Disease (told it was comparable to pollen allergies), and told my personal life was not as important as others because I am unmarried and without children.

Lady Just Mom

Women are treated fairly, and there are women's networking circles to help other women. However, these circles often exclude admin people.

Maybe. Yes for client service positions; no for support positions (including admin, HR, Marketing, etc.)

Lady KRS12

Consultant

Healthcare

Great place if you don't mind long days, travel, and lots of internal work on top of client work.

Knee Girl

I've only been here under a year. So far so good.

Lady SelinaK

Flexibility is fantastic here, but career advancement in non line businesses, which tend to skew more female than male, is difficult and more limited. While there is paid maternity leave, some managers hold maternity leave against you when it comes to calculating bonuses and ratings.

Lady F0123

PwC is a great place to advance your career, learn leadership skills, etc. Within the the advisory/consulting role, there is A LOT of travel and you will work a lot of hours. I have never felt discriminated against, PwC respects and admires women colleagues. However, work life balance could be better.

Maybe. If you're looking for work life balance, no. PwC has a lot of progress to make in this respect.

Lady camachk

Specialist

GADM

Don't expect great pay and if you want to get promoted, make sure you are visible when it is busy season. However, PwC walks the walk when it comes to flexibility and work life balance and the benefits are wonderful. There is no prescribed amount of sick time/days and sick time is for yourself OR caring for an ill family member. Also, sick time covers ANY doctor appointment (they do request that you try to get an early morning or late afternoon appointment, but no one has ever said anything when I can only get a mid-day appointment). I don't have children, women that do have children love the benefit of this policy as it allows them to care for family and still contribute.