Lady techEngineer Senior Solution Engineer, Solution Engineering

I have worked at Salesforce for less than a year in the Sales organization. The culture is fun, young and fast-paced. Within Solution Engineering, there is great education and career development. Also, this business unit is led by women! The general Sales organization tends to be male dominated. It is a known issue and Salesforce executives are making great movements to bring more women to leadership roles and make it a better place for women to work through policy. There is significant work to be done to change a mentality the day-to-day behavior and perceptions on the front lines to align with the executive initiative.

Lady Northeast Super Seller Account Executive, Sales

Don't let the fact that they have been in the press lately with a stunt to pay women equal to men fool you. This is not a work place of equality for women and men. This is a true boys club but the biggest disappointment about Salesforce.com is that they are not willing to accommodate women with small children. The job is very demanding and although they claim to be family first, the unwritten rules are the opposite. If you have to leave early for a reason related to your children or get to the office a little late due to school drop offs, expect your "brand" to decrease dramatically. It's incredible that a "work anywhere, from any device company" also demands that you are always in the office. This amounts to an incredible lack of trust. Also the monthly quota cadence, is unaligned with a strategic sales approach. This makes succeeding very difficult as well unless you are touted as a favorite. (This is not sour grapes but right from the mouth of an AVP. They single out a few sales people they will put stock in.)

If you were single and have no kids.
Lady ninjabunny

There are fewer female engineers than male, but that is systemic in my particular field overall. I have always been treated fairly and have seen other women around me treated fairly as well. There is a great deal of diversity in our organization, and there are a lot of women in mid- to upper-management roles.

Lady anon114 UX Designer, Tech & products

I think the company is making an effort to better support women, but still has a ways to go - especially in the engineering divisions.

not my team, but perhaps others
Lady Sparkleheart Staff Technical Writer

You're going to meet a lot of women on the tech docs team. They are often the smartest people in the room. However, if you're not based in San Francisco, you're probably going to feel some alienation.

There is definitely a boys club in leadership, but I think that's visible to the public. There is a stated awareness that there's a lack of diversity in leadership, but i do wonder if that's for publicity. Technical writers have a lot of freedom to complete very specific work in the manner that works best for them as long as it doesn't go too far afield of very old processes. No strong detection of gender bias, but that is not to say it doesn't exist. It definitely does. People just generally behave professionally so it doesn't cause massive trouble.

Numerous opportunities

Lady Techlady4959

I can only speak to the sales department. While the base salaries and on target earnings may be the same for everyone, there are ways of promoting men and rewarding them faster. The bro culture is also problematic and unprofessional as well as very uncomfortable from time to time.

Depends on the role. Sales is male-dominated while marketing is female-driven
Lady anon196 Account Executive, Commercial business unit

Great opportunity if you can balance home life. A lot of women that start out in the SR role but as they get to the child beating age they rarely come back.

Lady Wisdom

It's a boys club. There are a few women in senior management, and I have a lot of respect for them (their management style.) I was amazed in my own department to see three men promoted on the fast path to Director, while the lone woman who had much more experience and seniority was the last to get promoted.

Depends on the role / title / group / management team
Lady frequency

HR is very responsive, lots of great people if you know where to look.

Women Review Salesforce for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Salesforce by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 64 reviews Company Website Lady techEngineer Lady Northeast Super Seller Lady ninjabunny Lady anon114 Lady Sparkleheart Lady anon126 Lady Techlady4959 Lady anon196 Lady Wisdom Lady frequency