Verizon Communications www.verizon.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Verizon Communications?

Projects are usually male lead, males get higher salaries and getting promoted or any kind of pay raise is the most difficult at this company

I had to take all of my vacation and personal days in order to spend more time with my son after I gave birth. Total of 12 paid weeks including maternity leave
The benefits are good (telecommuting, vacation, health insurance)
3 things: compensation, promote more women into leadership positions, and improve work-life balance even more
Littlebit Retail Sales Consultant, Retail

Depending on your department family time could be severely limited

Women are promoted but only if they perform far above their male counterparts. However men are far more likely to get fired.
Promote those who are not just super women but also those with disabilities that they don't have to keep quiet

IT very male dominated. Women in IT tend to get pigeonholed in support positions at exec level.

My boss pressured me to return before my agreed upon leave.
If work/life balance not a priority.
peanutbutter

Generally speaking, corporate policies and overall atmosphere promotes diversity. The challenge is finding a team and specific management structure that will help you succeed.

sharkbait1218 Product Manager

I found that I had opportunities to grow and create roles that were fulfilling, while still maintaining work-life balance to raise my son as a single mother.

Lady lunachica

Verizon prides itself on diversity recruitment and empowers women throughout their careers with Verizon.

Lady chosenone

Good benefits, pay can be fair, schedules can be flexible depending on management

Lady anon414 Human Resources

They have nursing mother rooms all around the HQ complex.

If you have to go to the bathroom, and you are going more that 2 minutes, they come looking for you

Lady genius

I was accepted by my peers after an informal hazing. My first day on the job, they took me to the bar at lunch time, just to make sure I wasn't a company spy. That became my routine for the next 10 years. Show up for work, go to the bar at lunch time, pray for an easy afternoon, go to the bar after work. Repeat. The company at that time offered training on their equipment up to as recently as 20 years ago. Now, it's a handout and you have to figure out how to install, operate and repair equipment on your own with no hands on classroom training. The reason service is poor is because of bureaucracy and poor training. No one on the wireline side of the company gives a damn anymore. They know that portion of the business will cease to exist, along with the union jobs that afforded workers a decent quality of life. It used to be a great company to work for, not so much today.

Women Review Verizon Communications for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Verizon Communications by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 15 reviews Company Website Littlebit anon1548 peanutbutter sharkbait1218 Lady lunachica Lady chosenone Lady anon414 Lady anon360 Lady genius