I was accepted by my peers after an informal hazing. My first day on the job, they took me to the bar at lunch time, just to make sure I wasn't a company spy. That became my routine for the next 10 years. Show up for work, go to the bar at lunch time, pray for an easy afternoon, go to the bar after work. Repeat. The company at that time offered training on their equipment up to as recently as 20 years ago. Now, it's a handout and you have to figure out how to install, operate and repair equipment on your own with no hands on classroom training. The reason service is poor is because of bureaucracy and poor training. No one on the wireline side of the company gives a damn anymore. They know that portion of the business will cease to exist, along with the union jobs that afforded workers a decent quality of life. It used to be a great company to work for, not so much today.

Operator

I worked at this company for 23 years & as time went by, it basically only got worse. There was one period of time where we were actually advised to treat our customers well & to take our time with them & that was an actual pleasant experience. The rest of the years were much more strictly enforced by unreasonable rules, until it was to the point of where the company wanted us to work so fast that we worked with automation & were encouraged not to speak with customers.

Implementation Coordinator

Public Sector

Do your job and do it well. It won't matter if you are a man or a woman in this company. They like employee's who help solve problems, increase efficiency, save money and boost productivity. If you are a slacker & your head/heart is not in it (again, be it man or woman) you will get riffed. Bottom line, you reap what you sow.

Czt1

Service

invest in the 401k it an investment that pays. think abo ut the future not just right now. I started at age 17 thinkinking of my future and it has paid off.

Customer Services & Sales Representative

CSSC

The job is not who you are it's what you do. Don't come to work for the bonuses and prizes. Come to work for your salary and your benefits!

Maybe. It is a very stressful and demanding job. The job is not for everyone.

I've always worked hard and I feel like my work is respected. Just do your best and be a team player.

Maybe. They need better Infertility Benefits - do not cover IVF

it was a good company to work for here before it closed. The people that ran my office worked with me when my husband became ill and helped me in that hard time.