- Headquarters Location Cupertino, CA (United States)
- Number of Employees 10,000+
- Website www.apple.com/jobs
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, the Mac and Apple Watch.
Apple's three software platforms - iOS, OS X and watchOS - provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud.
Apple's 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it. Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Highlights from Apple
Meet an Executive at Apple
Denise Young Smith
Vice President, Worldwide Human Resources Cupertino, CADenise is Apple's vice president of Worldwide Human Resources, responsible for attracting and retaining top talent at Apple. She reports to CEO Tim Cook.
Since joining Apple in 1997, Denise has served in several key HR roles. For over 10 years, she sat on the leadership team that built Apple's retail organization, which now welcomes more than one million people every day. Apple stores have redefined the retail experience and their talented employees have become the face of Apple for customers around the world.
Before retail, Denise ran HR for Apple's Worldwide Operations and Corporate Employee Relations teams. Most recently, Denise has been instrumental in Apple's multiyear commitment to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) through the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, offering scholarships, internships, and mentoring to HBCU students and innovation grants to faculty.
Prior to Apple, Denise offered talent, HR, and management consulting expertise to early-stage businesses including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers portfolio companies. A gifted soprano, Denise has sung at Carnegie Hall, SF Jazz Center, and many other venues, performing classical and jazz works from such composers as Verdi, Puccini, Ellington, and Gershwin. Denise earned a bachelor's degree in Communications from Grambling State University in Louisiana and holds a master's degree in Organizational Management.
What Women Should Know about Working At Apple
We rely on our employees' diverse backgrounds and perspectives to spark innovation. So we're hiring more inclusively, choosing partners who make diversity a priority, and creating opportunities for the next generation. Some of our STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) partners include Women Who Code, Black Girls Code, Girl Develop It, National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT), CODE2040, and TECHNOLOchicas, just to name a few.
We also want to encourage employees to share their insights, knowledge, and cultures with each other. Diversity Network Associations (DNAs) do just that. There are Apple employee groups representing different ethnicities, religions, orientations, and genders, as well as Veterans. For instance, the Women@AppleDNA is committed to fostering a community that attracts, empowers, and develops women at Apple. By engaging with others and learning from one another, we're better positioned to think different and do our life's best work. Together.
Programs, initiatives, groups
- Unconscious bias training Yes
- Internal mentorship / sponsorship programs Yes
- Internal employee networking Yes
- Diversity initiatives / processes for recruiting Yes
- Diversity initiatives / processes for performance evaluation Yes
- Executive coaching Yes
- Remote working Yes
- Part-time working Yes
- Overview: Parental leave policies Expectant mothers can take up to four weeks before giving birth and 14 weeks after. Father and other non-birth parents can take six-week paid leaves.
- Paid maternity leave Yes
- Unpaid maternity leave Yes
- Paid paternity leave Yes
- Unpaid paternity leave Yes
- Adoptive paid leave Yes
- Short-term disability benefits Yes
- Additional short-term disability info Yes
- Other benefits information Apple offers a number of additional benefits for employees, such as education assistance, student loan refinancing, flexible spending accounts, adoption assistance, an employee assistance program, and wellness and financial programs.
- Lactation facilities Yes
- Maternity leave coaching Yes
- Back-up childcare Yes
- PTO that explicitly covers care-taking Yes
- Elder-care benefits Yes