The past year has been a big one for women in the tech industry, with all signs pointing to the fact women’s future in this field is only getting bigger.
Celebrating this development are certain companies that have positioned themselves at the forefront of the revolution happening within tech. These employers are pioneers not only in technology, but in diversity and inclusion, as well. But how do you sort out the tech companies where women are truly supported from the ones that are still old bros’ clubs?
Fairygodboss is helping women answer that very question with a day-long virtual career fair, exclusively for women in tech, on March 26).
How else can job seekers expect to get ahead by attending this fair? Well, for starters…
1. As an attendee of our Virtual Career Fair, you’ll be able to connect directly with recruiters at top companies that are known for doing right by women, like IBM, 3M, and Sysco — so you can feel confident about the company culture you’re applying to join.
2. You’ll be able to browse thousands of job openings that are really and truly open — meaning you won’t waste any energy submitting carefully crafted applications for expired positions. Because, really, who’s got time for that?
3. Fittingly, this fair is all-virtual, so all you’ll need to tune in is an internet connection (there’s no need to download or install any software to participate). The event is accessible from desktop, mobile, and tablet devices — and, most importantly, from your couch.
4. If after the fair you’re still left with questions about a particular company — like, do they value work-life balance? How often are women promoted? What’s the maternity leave policy? — that’s all information you can quickly and easily find on Fairygodboss, the only anonymous, crowdsourced database in the U.S. created for women jobseekers. (Gotta love technology!)
5. Even if you aren’t actively planning to find a new job, the best way to stay ahead of the curve in any industry is to always have an eye and ear open for new opportunities. Our virtual career fair lasts all day, so you don’t have to schedule time away from your current gig to see what else is out there. What do you have to lose?
Register today, and get in on the revolution.
Our employer partners are actively recruiting women! Update your profile today.