We were so inspired by the Women’s Marches in January, and while some suggested that the momentum behind these marches would dissipate, we’re happy to see that it hasn’t. In fact, we’ve come across numerous events, movements and actions you can participate in tomorrow as a way of showing your continued commitment to fighting for women’s rights.
Here are 6 simple things you can do:
1) On International Women's Day (and every day!), we applaud the women who have shared their opinions and advice on Fairygodboss. Their efforts go a long way in supporting transparency, which in turn will lead to more equality. Here’s how you can get involved:
2) The organizers of January’s Women’s marches have again mobilized in anticipation of March 8 -- when they will be striking. They're deeming tomorrow “A Day Without A Woman,” and you can join them.
Tomorrow, according to womensmarch.com, “women and our allies will act together creatively to withdraw from the corporations that harm us and find ways to support the businesses, organizations and communities that sustain us.”
Organizers are prompting us to consider which business support our communities and promote gender equality -- and which support policies and leaders that perpetuate oppression.
3) Check out Accenture’s programs - they’re hosting events around the world this Friday, March 10, that explore “Leading in the New.” They’ll also have live career booth hours during which you can chat with a recruiter.
4) Commit to the International Women’s Day #BeBoldForChange campaign.
5) Register for Take The Lead Women’s (free) virtual happy hour tomorrow night. Take the Lead Co-Founder and President Gloria Feldt will chat with Katie Mehnert, CEO and Founder of Pink Petro, about the history of International Women’s Day, the exciting new sectors that women are stepping into, and what role men can take to increase gender parity in leadership.
Our mission at Fairygodboss is not political, but the nature of our work allows us to see women (and men) continuing to fight each and every day for gender equality in the workplace and beyond. We know that the momentum has not been lost -- rather, it’s continuing to gain traction and point toward progress.
We wish you a happy International Women’s Day, and encourage you to extend tomorrow’s celebrations, reflections and efforts into the coming weeks and years.
Fairygodboss is committed to improving the workplace and lives of women.
Join us by reviewing your employer!
Our employer partners are actively recruiting women! Update your profile today.