Madam Juniper

Senior IT manager

Information Technology

I have worked at 3M for 15 years and am very proud to be a 3Mer and have no plans of leaving the company. A flexible work arrangements policy was very recently updated to make it more formal and accessible to salaried employees. I have had support to work flexible hours and often remotely for many years, but that was not possible for many as it was left in the hands of one's manager. Now, it is encouraged for employees and managers to arrange flexibility per what the employee would like to do balanced with what is also in best interest of the department. I still see a large number of white men at the top of the company. Even though some women are making their way into the VP ranks, it is usually in an administrative/corporate function. There is a lot of improvement in equality left to do, but I do think the company is committed to this and will get there someday. The unpaid 12 weeks maternity leave is on top of the 6 paid, so 18 weeks total.

Lady JayR

I feel like I've been treated very fairly and have had a good support system. I've had 2 children and have not felt like either of my leaves negatively impacted my career. Overall it is a great company to work for, but like all companies the benefits or perks seem to be shrinking to make us just comparable to the other companies out there, though this impacts all employees. Upper management still seems to be predominately male, though at my job grade I don't have a lot of interaction with them.

Lady Leader

I've worked at 3M for 20 years now and have always felt like I have been treated fairly. My performance has been measured by my results and my promotions and pay are reflective of my leadership capability and the results I deliver. 3M publishes pay scales by job grades which helps to ensure equality in pay. I feel that my job grade is reflective of the scope and complexity of my position and my salary level is very competitive with the external market. I know this because I regularly interview external candidates and have gained knowledge of salary ranges outside of 3M through this process. 3M does have several programs aimed at supporting the development of female leaders at both management and executive levels and in general I feel that 3M has a nice balance of male and female leaders in our organization. As 3M has started to globalize it's workforce, I've found achieving work/life balance to be quite challenging. But the flexible work policies make it doable.

Maybe. Working in a global company can make work/life balance difficult at times

Lady dancemom

Varies greatly by department and location

Maybe. if they have family commitments, no

Lady Slembry

Machine Operator

Doctor took me off work because of preterm labor and they denied my short term disability they also wouldn't provide the help I requested wile I was pregnant