Center for American Progress https://www.americanprogress.org

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Center for American Progress?
Lady auma07

There are a lot of women working at the company, and everyone has a progressive mindset. There's more camaraderie than cutthroat competition.

Lady Speak-eth to much

I worked here for 3 years (2 years in this position) and I really enjoyed the work environment. You are surrounded by progressive policy wonks who drop knowledge on you everyday. I will say that like most environments promotions can be a bit political and they have an in/out policy for entry and some mid-level level staff positions. If you don't move-up in 2 years, you pretty much get pushed out. Entry level staff are very much screwed on salary as are many mid-level staff. I basically got a 30% increase in salary moving to a similar level position at another non-profit.

They have a habit of underpaying entry and mid-level employees
Lady RedBird Communications

I worked here for three years and the attitude of the senior leadership is that it's best to squeeze and burn through young, idealistic staff regardless of gender, but of course that falls especially hard on women with young children. In that vein, during my time there different employees received different maternity leave benefits depending on how much they negotiated with HR, and were told not to discuss their benefits with others. I'm not sure if it's been standardized since. And although management is dominated by women, that does not translate into mentorship. In fact, younger women often seem to be viewed as competition and kept from opportunities that would help them grow and develop. Who your direct boss is makes a big difference in ability to grow and quality of life, but those things aren't institutional priorities for senior leadership.

Women Review Center for American Progress for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Center for American Progress by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 3 reviews Company Website Lady auma07 Lady Speak-eth to much Lady RedBird