I have been with Deloitte Consulting for 3 years. There are plenty of women executives that have opened doors from me from a networking perspective and an opportunity perspective. In my opinion, women are well supported at Deloitte and I would highly recommend it to others.

S&O

Deloitte is an awesome company first and foremost. But there is A LOT of red tape and politics that people don't ever talk about. People you "need to know", activities and projects you "need to work on", it gets exhausting. Everyone says find activities and projects here that make you happy and are personally fulfilling but if those things are not properly aligned to what the company deems valuable. . .you run the potential of getting dinged during your evaluations. Which of course affects your bonus, raises and promotions. Even with that being said I have NEVER learned soooo much and worked with so many amazing people in my life. I am a much better person as a result of my experience at Deloitte and if I ever leave the firm I know for a fact that I will be prepared for anything. Even with all the red tape and politics, Deloitte is a great company and for where I am right now in my career, there is NO BETTER place for me to be.

Maybe. It would really depend on what their ultimate career goals were. As I see it in order to make it to the top here as a woman requires some level of giving up your personal dreams and goals.

The company has several formal programs and benefits that support its female employees.

Business Technology Analyst

I'm in technology consulting in the Financial Services industry and I've been very lucky to be surrounded by bright, amazing managers and mentors. Deloitte cultivates a strong women's network and we truly look out for each other.

Manager

The work from home opportunities, generous-time off policy, culture of inclusion, and amazing people make Deloitte a great organization. While working here, I got an offer for another job with more money, and I resigned. Less than two years later I was back. The grass is definitely not greener on the other side. Deloitte has a lot of what we call "boomerangs", and that speaks volumes in my opinion. Yes, we work long hours and sometimes in highly stressful situations. However, the ability to take time off, work remotely from anywhere, even get to the supermarket in the afternoon, is a tremendous benefit. Please note that I work in a group that does not have external client responsibilities. I realize that when you are working on a client project or at a client site, options can be more limited.

Maybe. There is a big emphasis on work-life balance. Granted, in this industry that is often hard to attain, but leadership does implement and support policies which encourage this.

Manager

Human Capital

The PTO is generous, but rarely are you able to take it and meet your goals. Also, in the year of a major life event (marriage, baby), you will be penalized from a year end evaluation perspective for taking time off.

Senior Manager

Technology

I worked for Deloitte for over 10 years and was a very senior Senior Manager. I made it through the birth of two children at Deloitte. I was up for Partner. As I thought about what it would take for me to go up for Partner, I realized that I didn't want to make the type of sacrifices required for me to achieve that level within the firm. The year I left, I worked the equivalent of 8 hours a day 360 days of the year. I worked weekends, nights, holidays. I worked on vacation. It was not the life I wanted - especially with two young children. I loved Deloitte because I was a driven and ambitious woman and it presented me with the ultimate client challenges; however, the more I put it all in perspective, the more I didn't want to give up all the time I would lose with my children. I took a new job in industry and I'm 100x happier. Time is the one thing that you can never get back.

Maybe. Deloitte is a highly performance driven company. As I became more senior I realized that it is not that the company isn't fair to women. It is that the company has unrealistic expectations and demands for all its senior level employees. This makes it particularly difficult for women to be able to succeed at the highest levels - especially if you are a mother.

Great company

Senior Consultant

Consulting

I have worked here for 3 years and feel that the company has pushed for equal pay and rights for women and improved drastically in the last 2 years. There are a lot of women initiatives with in the company that allow you to network with other females in leadership roles as well as educate others on how to be successful.

Maybe. Due to the travel some women, based on their personal needs, may not enjoy this job

I have worked here for 3 years, and have had great opportunities come my way. My experience in relating to male and female colleagues and leadership alike has been extremely positive, and I have never felt excluded because I am a woman. This firm is also improving its work-life balance policies by leaps and bounds. Every primary caregiver gets a minimum of 14 weeks paid maternity leave and can take up to 6 months total, employees receive a minimum of 5 weeks personal time off per year, and the firm has added 2 extra holidays per year for the past 2 years. Additionally, I am given the opportunity to work from home several days a week in order to make my life easier with my baby in daycare. The flexibility and trust here is very impressive.