Madam Experience

The best thing you can bring to working here is an aggressive confidence in your training and your abilities. Iron-clad self-esteem and a strong sense of "your input is not necessary to my life" also work well. Then you must cloak all of this in a stunning amount of kum-bay-ya deference and equivocal language. You will still be hammer for being too aggressive and not a team player but perhaps it won't matter to you so much if you know all of this ahead of time. Men will talk over you in meetings and when you call them on it, you get spoken to about your attitude. Even better--you will be listened to in silence and then ignored. This is not all men at the G--it is all of the men over 35--which is all of upper management. The younger the man, the more willing they are to work well with others. PS--you will never be promoted here.

There are worse places than this to work.
Lady fairyanna Program Manager, Google Play

Lorem Ipsum.

Lady TrueToForm Recruiter, People Operations

There is a lot of talk about being supportive of flexible working arrangements, however this is heavily dependent on your manager. Some managers are incredibly supportive and others are not at all. Ironically, the female-heavy departments like recruiting are not as supportive as you would expect, so be sure to interview with eyes wide open.

It is a great place to work before kids, but after it becomes much more difficult to meet expectations while balancing a family. This is true for any job, but Google has very high expectations for performance, so it becomes competitive and hard to set boundaries.
Lady Riot Program Manager, Developer Relations

I have worked at Google for four years. I believe that it is an environment where women are fairly treated and listened to, but the only real female leadership and middle management is in sales and operations. It's rare to find women (much less, minorities) in leadership in eng, especially at the mid-level. This creates an unspoken tech-bro culture that can be pretty exhausting to navigate. It's not impossible, but it takes an effort that I would rather put into getting shit done.

There are things that could be better but I've heard that other places are worse, so on a balance...yes.
Lady Carlina People Development Specialist, People Operations

It seems very hard to progress up the career ladder once you have a family. I have felt like I am the victim of biases from both men and women (but mostly women) in my time here.

Things are probably better here than at some other places but still not great

I have worked for this company for the past 2 years, and so far it is very much like any tech company few women. We are growing though, and it is great to see that many of us had a chance to be recognized and promoted. Maternity leave is very generous, and you don't have to take it all at once. However it is still a male dominated world, and us girls have to stick together.

Work life balance is not easily possible as you rise the ranks. Lots of competition.

Depends

I've worked here for a few years. There are plenty of social groups for women and minorities. I do believe women are generally treated fairly but their are so many micro aggressions. A huge lack of diversity. I did not meet many senior level women.

Not many women in leadership. I find that a lot of women leave before dealing with the politics.
Lady why is a femme title requir Product Manager

How many women there are varies by area of the company, but a large number of men are clued in about how marginalized people suffer in small ways, and are good and vocal allies. The company is trying to change. It's phenomenal to work with so many super smart people on such impactful projects.

Madam engineer Director of Engineering, Google

Seemingly good for younger women; most of senior technical women are pushed out. The politics are fierce. Never underestimate the power of a 10-year Googler no matter whether they have any, even rudimentary, domain knowledge. Many 10 year googlers don't seem to actually accomplish much other than preserving their positions and whispering into the right ears.

they have huge resources.

Women Review Google for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Google by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 94 reviews Company Website Madam Experience Lady fairyanna Lady TrueToForm Lady Riot Lady Carlina Lady anon605 Lady anon587 Lady anon586 Lady why is a femme title requir Madam engineer