Lady kitkat Product Manager

They know that they don't have enough women in technical roles and are actively seeking to improve that. All my male colleagues appreciate the diversity I bring to the team and are extremely supportive. Despite the fact that Google reflects the natural gender and racial trends of the tech industry overall, they seem to place a huge emphasis on improving and constantly celebrate the diversity they do have. As long as you are fine being surrounded by many more male colleagues (at least on the technical side), this is a fantastic place to work.

Lady Avalon

It's very supportive but you have to ask for what you want.

Lady Hef07c

There is a pretty diverse group of both men and women in my department. However, the women are more in support roles than engineer roles. I am the only female engineer of 9 team members. However our manager is a female engineer. Her boss, a director, is also female. The male memebr ao my team have no issue reporting to a female and taking her lead. When I joined, all of them treated me like everyone else. I'd say they treated me equally despite our gender difference but in all honestly it was more like, they didn't seem to care that I was a different gender. Its a nonissue. I feel free to be myself, feminine at times, and talk about my kids constantly. When I had to.miss work for a sick kid, all of them treated me with sympathy. Many fathers themselves, understood the work/life struggle. Ive been given the freedom with my time at work to have time for my kids after work as well. Leaving early when I need to, etc. From the CEO down, they stongly encourage inclusiveness and it shows! Women might not have the rquality in engineer toles, but it's not from a lack of trying.

Madam Signy Google for Work

Some groups are really great and supportive. If you can get to other women as mentors and bosses, you are set. There are definitely still some areas where it is a boys club though.

really depends on what group you are in
Lady Developer

Lady anon206 Business Manager, Consumer Operations

They are working on diversity and equality for sure, but are not quite there yet.

Lady anon207 Data Specialist

I've only worked here a few months, but the thing I learned is to stay on task, do your job the way it's supposed to be done and try not to stir up drama. A drama free workplace is a happy workplace.

awesome places to work for

Lady anon209 Software Engineer, Engineering

Generous leave, managers tend to be very accommodating of work life balance.

Lady pixel

Again, some departments are very political and good old boyish. Young women do not seem to have a problem, generally, but if you are older and don't act like a good old boy, it can be a very uncomfortable environment. Sadly, HR is not helpful, they seem to tow the good old boy line as well.

For young women, it's a wonderful place full of advancement and potential. But unless you have an excellent boss, older women can be ignored, excluded and worse. Some depts are very political.

Women Review Google for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Google by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 94 reviews Company Website Lady kitkat Lady Avalon Lady Hef07c Madam Signy Lady Developer Lady anon206 Lady anon207 Lady anon208 Lady anon209 Lady pixel