Take initiative, don't be afraid to speak up or fail. Find mentors, allies and supporter. Leverage the internal development tools!

Madam alwaysawn

don't sweat it

Lady Empty Nester Business Development, Sales

My first day was a long time ago, but I would tell myself to roll with the changes. Breathe. It's a constantly evolving industry and Google has been right there moving with it. It can be challenging, but it's all worth it because you truly feel like you're making a difference in the world.

Lady anon215 Account Strategist, AdWords

I wish that I had more courage to take initiative for things I was passionate about and the direction of my own career earlier on. The didn't prevent me from taking on new opportunities, but certainly did not make these opportunities clearly available to me. I wish I would have learned earlier that I was responsible for driving my own career in the direction that I wanted it to go. Would certainly give this advice to others!

Lady anon216 Business Manager, Vertical Search

I would have reminded myself that I am driven by constantly learning new things and working on new projects, and I should continue to switch things up regularly to stay sharp now that I am a part of a big company. I would also remind myself that networking is key!

Lady Gypsy

I would have negotiated harder when I was given my offer on salary.

Lady anon203 Engineering

Learn what you can and move on.

Lady mcq Engineering

Learn what you can and move on.

Lady Ryo

You are judging yourself far more harshly than anyone else.

Madam Washington

Google is a great environment for self-starters and entrepreneurs. No one will tell you what time to be at your desk or check in to see what time you left - or even care if you worked from home. The focus is truly about getting the work done.

Women Review Google for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Google by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.8 stars, based on 94 reviews Company Website Lady anon214 Madam alwaysawn Lady Empty Nester Lady anon215 Lady anon216 Lady Gypsy Lady anon203 Lady mcq Lady Ryo Madam Washington