Google

3.7

"There is no monolithic workplace culture at Google; by far, biggest determinant of your experience is your immediate team. I am lucky enough to have found a fantastic, supportive team that values work/life balance and diversity. My A+ ratings reflect my personal experience. I have heard many different (and similar) stories from women on other teams, though, and I know that my experience is not universal. My advice to a woman starting at Google is to assess your project options in terms of team culture and know that this will hugely affect your work experience."
Staff Software Engineer, Engineering
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"It is very male dominated but there are lots of support groups for women and opportunities to network."
N/A, Supply Chain Management
"It's ok. Kinda meh."
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"I've worked here for over 5 years. Great maternity benefits. Most of the leadership is still men, but they are working on bringing in more senior women leaders."
VP of Marketing, N/A
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"Your experience varies heavily based on what role and team you are on. Find a good manager, an interesting project, and go meet the other ladies on the team."
Would you recommend Google to other women?
"Depends on what team you land on. Like any large company, there are pockets of good and pockets of bad. Find a good manager, interesting project, and talk to the women on the team."
"I worked at Google for eight and a half years. I will say that I had the good fortune to be on a marketing team that was 95% women, and prior to that I was in HR, which was also majority women. I think that within those teams, I found the respect and fair treatment that I wanted. However, I will say that I think there are certain parts of the company that women and people of color are pushed towards (ie, the non-technical side of the house) and that definitely has an effect on my experience. I do think that sometimes it can be hard to be young and female at Google, especially on more male dominated teams with older men. You have to shout really loud and be extremely aggressive to gain respect for your opinions."
N/A, Marketing