Liberty Mutual Insurance

Headquarters:Boston, Massachusetts(USA)10,000+ Employees

"Embarrassingly low female representation in leadership and there has been no movement on that front during my tenure"
"no"
Na, Academics
Would you recommend Liberty Mutual Insurance to other women?
"You can succeed here. You'll need to learn constantly (we have plenty of resources to do so), take stretch assignments (that's where the real growth happens), network & build relationships (and collaborate to achieve objectives together). Women in Technology (WiT) is a strong & growing community at Liberty Mutual. Men As Allies is in its infancy and off to a promising start. We value agility. Be willing to change and adapt constantly - we're on a transformation journey here. These are exciting times. "
One thing Liberty Mutual Insurance can improve?
"Working in Information Technology at Liberty Mutual provides a lot of flexibility. Most of the IT workforce is located in Portsmouth, Dover or Exeter NH, Boston MA, Indy, Seattle, & Wausau, WI. A growing number of people work from home in NC, PA ,CA, and more. I work from home whenever there's a snowstorm or if I just want a heads down day. "
Would you recommend Liberty Mutual Insurance to other women?
"Recent events aside, the opportunities for hard working, smart, strategic thinkers are abundant. You will need to find an ally to help you with your goals and speak for you in promotion and performance discussions. "
"not sure"
One thing Liberty Mutual Insurance can improve?
"Improve the integrity of the executive leadership and senior management Keep promises, be transparent about changes, respect their employees enough to trust them with information - and the correct information. "
Business Systems Analyst/product Owner, IT
"The company has made great strides in workplace flexibility in recent years to attract new talent. "
"I will be taking maternity leave in May. "
Would you recommend Liberty Mutual Insurance to other women?
"I am unsure I would recommend Liberty to anyone at this time. The company is going through a tremendous about of restructuring and has laid off hundreds of employees in several job families. While I understand RIF's are a natural ebb and flow in the job market, the company's" behind closed doors attitude", lack of transparency and inability to keep promises makes me doubt our executive leaderships' integrity."
"I've met some amazing women in leadership positions at Liberty - we just need more of them!"
One thing Liberty Mutual Insurance can improve?
"Varies by department for sure - but the overall culture has been making major shifts towards more flexibility for everyone. "
"The policy just changed to 16 fully paid weeks for the primary caregiver and 8 weeks paid for partners. HUGE deal. "
Would you recommend Liberty Mutual Insurance to other women?
"Old male dominated culture is starting to give way to a more diverse workforce. still a lot of work to do...."
Sr Director,
Would you recommend Liberty Mutual Insurance to other women?
"it's far from perfect, but overall a decent place and they recognize that they need to do more to appeal to women"
".There are a lot of opportunities for development and growth, but leave policies could be improved."
One thing Liberty Mutual Insurance can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Would you recommend Liberty Mutual Insurance to other women?
"They have a great sense of diversity and inclusion, but it is not the most family-friendly environment,"