Snap Inc.

Headquarters:Venice, CA(United States)1,001-5,000 Employees
4.2

"They have a women's ERG but they don't have any interest in using it for anything other than a recruiting tool at their satellite offices. "
"no"
Software Engineer, Engineering
Would you recommend Snap Inc. to other women?
"The women there are great. Many of the men there are great. But I've seen women get reviews that were contradictory and unsatisfiable and then were laid off ("Needs to talk less but needs to take more initiative in meetings", "Needs to not talk so much about her past experience and learn how things are done here before trying to change things but needs to be accomplishing more because we brought her in to have her change things", etc)"
"The maternity leave is top-notch. I felt very supported before and after my leave. But I did think I was possibly passed for a promotion during a recent re-org because of my child care situation."
One thing Snap Inc. can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Manager, Strategy & Business Development
"They sent me care packages and helped me with all the paperwork, etc. Very helpful and supportive."
Would you recommend Snap Inc. to other women?
"Women and men are treated equally. Family friendly benefits. Adoption and surrogacy reimbursement benefit."
One thing Snap Inc. can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
, Human Resources
Would you recommend Snap Inc. to other women?
"As with many tech companies, women are underrepresented in leadership positions, and subconscious bias underlies many decisions. It does seem like Snap is making an effort to combat these, however the culture of secrecy makes it difficult to really gauge both the efforts and the impact. Maternity leave has gotten better; however, we still break down parental leave according to gender, which is unfortunate."
"no"
One thing Snap Inc. can improve?
"Promote more women into leadership positions; become more competitive with large tech companies (like Facebook and Google) on family friendly benefits (like subsidized daycare), or even better, aim to be a market leader in the space."
Would you recommend Snap Inc. to other women?
"Gender neutral- The company has engaged in repeated layoffs to appear more profitable, so I am hesitant to recommend Snap given uncertain job security, regardless of performance or gender. Not gender neutral- That being said, women appear to be impacted at higher rates."
"That Snap offers a generous benefit plan. The best I've seen amongst any company. "
People Team, Human Resources
"Flexibility depends on the department. "
Would you recommend Snap Inc. to other women?
"It depends on the department. They are definitely great aspect of Snap but areas that could use improvement. "
"YES!!! I was so surprised how amazing the maternity policy was here. Very generous and supportive "
One thing Snap Inc. can improve?
"My managers and HR have been incredibly supportive and helpful with everything which has made my time as a new mom so special. I am incredibly grateful to work at a company that values family so much. I was given a wonderful maternity leave that was incredibly generous compared to other companies. "
1 - 5 of 10