4.5

don't be intimidated by male dominated environment - your male peers do want you to feel comfortable enough to speak up

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Maybe. Depends on if the women are comfortable being in a male dominated environment

77Fairygodboss77

Manager - Consulting Lead

Marketing

It's a great place to work. I have several female mentors and role models. Not as many women in leadership as I'd like, but that's changing.

Administrative

You have the support and opportunity to learn and grow and not feel guilty when taking time off!

it was 100% paid

olives123

Business Associate

Great flexibility - very easy to work from home / remote, even working part-time is an option

LeadingLadieZS

Managing Principal

Strategy & Business Development

I am not someone who believes in work vs. life... we have one life. My children and family, my work, my passions... all are a part of that life, and we need to find our own sense of balance. It changes over time, and what you need is a company and a support system that helps you adapt and achieve the balance that is right for you. We work hard, for sure. But today I am a partner running a large practice with amazing responsibility, a large team, and a lot to do. I have a 13-year old stepdaughter, a 14-month old daughter, and hopefully one more to come into our family whom I spend quality time with. I sit on the board of a charity and my MBA alumni association. I have date nights with my husband, and see my family and friends. My point is, balance and work/life is what we make it and what we are comfortable with across these various aspects of our lives. And while it is hard work and high expectations to work in consulting, ZS is an environment I have always found to be supportive along the way. ZS values who you are as you and what you bring. ZS is also a values-driven and high-ethics culture. I am proud to be a partner here. I worked in 6 companies before this, and never imagined I would stay anywhere for 13 years. Now I can't imagine being anywhere else!

Life happens. Consulting is an intense career, but in my 13 years at ZS, life has thrown me some real curve balls - some very positive, and some exceedingly difficult. I have always been amazed by the genuine support and care offered by my ZS family along the way. When I have needed to adjust schedule, I could. When I have needed someone to help fill in, they did. And when others need it, I am there for them too. That is ZS. Living the values: Get it right. Do the right thing. Treat people right.

I had 10 weeks paid leave, but with saved up maternity and sick, I actually took another 14 weeks. So I was home for 6 months.

ZS Gal

ZS has an amazing culture, very family oriented, strong focus on people helping each other grow and develop and adding value to our clients.

my leave was a few years ago since then the company has enhanced the maternity and paternity leave policies to better support new parents.

Associate Principal

Marketing

ZS believes in a merit base advancement and they walk the talk for the most part. However, unconscious bias plays into all of our daily lives; but as an organization they are addressing bias actively. ZS has a very active group of woman and men working on the importance of a diverse community and supporting issues that women face in the workplace.

podlet

Principal

Marketing

Working in consulting, or any professional services firm, requires setting your own limits and sticking by them. In more than 10 years at ZS, I've rarely felt pressure from my advisors or senior partners to achieve specific objectives; most of the pressure is self-imposed from wanting to reach my own professional goals. I've had to learn to say no to certain client and internal opportunities to create more time for family and my own personal priorities. There's no question that ZS offers great flexiblity to women and men! It's simply up to you as an individual to determine your own schedule and work style, then communicate it to others and stick by your own resolutions. Learning to balance and honor your commitments to clients, ZS team members, and your friends & family outside of ZS is an essential part of long-term success. Fortunately there are many women (and men) at ZS who are happy to share their approaches and help you find what works best for your own needs...

ZS has improved our family leave policy to enable greater freedom and financial support for new parents, and expanded options under flex time options -- both of which provide great flexibility. ZS remains a very team-oriented enviroment, and we always prioritize client service -- both of which require significant time in office or onsite at client organizations to foster strong collaboration with teams and clients. Within those parameters, ZSers have a lot of flexiblity to set their own schedules. Because most projects are staffed with 3-4 team members, others can cover for you if want time to drop off/pick up kids, schedule medical appointments, take a real vacation, and more. One of our core values is "treating people right," which means ZSers support each other inside the office and out.

ZS offers up to 16 weeks of paid maternity leave, however individuals can choose to extend parental leave using vacation time or unpaid leave time. There is paid leave for men, too.

Associate Principal

Strategy & Business Development

The culture is unique - in a very positive sense: Everything is possible, ideas are valued and when showing strong performance on client work, all doors are open - even and especially for women!

Fairy2196

While there is room for improvement for all employees it's a pretty great place to work and it has a culture of continued improvement so where those opportunities exist, more than likely something is happening

There is more flexibility than you may realize - it's often a matter of having the conversation