- Headquarters Location San Francisco, CA (United States)
- Number of Employees 10,000+
- Website salesforce.com
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way.
We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, one of the World's Most Innovative Companies according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
Highlights from Salesforce
Meet a Fairygodboss at Salesforce
Executive Vice President, Global Employee Success San FranciscoCindy Robbins is executive vice president of Global Employee Success at Salesforce, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune's Best Companies to Work for five years in a row.
In this role, Robbins leads the company's efforts to attract, develop and retain the best talent. Robbins has more than 15 years of experience in the field of Human Resources. At Salesforce, Robbins' previous leadership roles within Employee Success include overseeing recruiting and global business partners.
Prior to joining Salesforce in 2006, she held positions at major technology companies including BEA, OpenWave, Plumtree Software and Excite@Home. Robbins holds a B.S. in Political Science from Santa Clara University.
- The New York Times: Salesforce Makes Strides Toward Gender Equality in Silicon Valley
- Fortune: Salesforce Spent $3 Million on Equal Pay: Here's How Many Employees Got Raises As a Result
- San Francisco Business Times: Best Places to Work Q&A: How Salesforce's 'aloha spirit' drives big growth
- Fortune: 50 BEST WORKPLACES FOR GIVING BACK
What Women Should Know about Working At Salesforce
There is an enormous benefit to having a work environment that boasts a wide range of mindsets, cultures, experiences, and perspectives. That's why we cultivate and champion an environment where people from all backgrounds feel welcome, valued, and respected.
Our goal is for every Salesforce employee to truly be at home in our culture, and to free to bring their whole selves to work every day. We take gender equality very seriously, and believe that women and men should be given the same professional and financial opportunities. And we aren't just talking the talk...we're walking the walk. In 2015, Marc Benioff made a public promise to ensure gender equality throughout our organization, saying "My job is to make sure that women are treated 100% equally at Salesforce in pay, opportunity and advancement."
We are committed to women having the same executive roles, attending the same meetings, and being presented with the same career opportunities as men. Our company is driving this initiative forward with programs like leadership development training for our executive women, interviewing at least one or more female candidate for every executive position, Lean In circles, workshops and open discussions, and much more.
Gender diversity statistics
- Women in workforce 30%
- Women holding senior management 19%
Programs, initiatives, groups
- Additional information The internal group, FemmeForce, is our global women's network that works to promote diversity, inclusion and equality throughout the company and to establish Salesforce as a leader in attracting, developing and retaining talented women.
- Unconscious bias training Yes
- Internal mentorship / sponsorship programs Yes
- Internal employee networking Yes
- Sabbatical leave benefits Yes
- Executive coaching Yes
Flexible working policies
A big part of being a successful employee is achieving a healthy and happy work-life balance. At Salesforce, we understand that our employees are at their most productive and most innovative when they are rested and refreshed. They are more creative and passionate when they spend enough quality time with family and friends and pursue diverse outside interests. They can only truly invest in our customers and our technology once they invest in their own physical, mental, and emotional health...and feel encouraged to do so. Needless to say, the wellbeing of our employees is of utmost importance to us.
We know that that creating a caring workplace is the key to creating a great workplace. So we take care of employees in every way we can.
- Remote working Yes
- Part-time working Yes
Overview: Parental leave policies
It's important that we do everything we can to ensure a work/life balance for working moms and dads. They have the option to work with managers to create schedules that work for their families. Salesforce has prominent social communities that serve as support networks for parents, including ParentForce (our parents' network) and FemmeForce (our women's network).
In addition, we continuously survey our employees in order to get their feedback on what's important to them. This includes asking questions about family benefits and perks in order to help drive our decision-making and create a family-friendly workplace.
- Paid maternity leave Yes, 12 Weeks at 80% of your total target earnings (base salary, commission and bonus) up to a weekly maximum of $5,000.
- Unpaid maternity leave Yes, After they have exhausted their maternity leave and would like to take additional time off, they have the option to take a sabbatical and/or a personal leave. Manager's approval is required.
- Paid paternity leave Yes, 12 Weeks at 80% of your total target earnings (base salary, commission and bonus) up to a weekly maximum of $5,000.
- Unpaid paternity leave Yes, After they have exhausted their paternity leave and would like to take additional time off, they have the option to take a sabbatical and/or a personal leave. Manager's approval is required.
- Adoptive paid leave Yes, 12 Weeks at 80% of your total target earnings (base salary, commission and bonus) up to a weekly maximum of $5,000.
- Short-term disability benefits Yes
Additional short-term disability info
For California Employees: Voluntary Disability Insurance (VDI) provides disability pay to you when you are unable to work due to medical disability including child birth.
For the first 180 days of your maternity (medical) leave, the VDI plan pays 70% of your total target earnings (base salary, commission and bonus) up to $4,375 per week. From day 181 these benefits are generally continued through 52 weeks of disability. VDI pays your State Award Rate (approximately 55% of your weekly earnings up to $1,129 per week).
Paid Family Leave (PFL): After your disability period has been exhausted you will be eligible for California Paid Family Leave (PFL). PFL provides six (6) weeks of pay at approximately 55% of your weekly wage up to $1,129 per week. PFL provides income replacement to cover your time off work to bond with a new child within one year of birth or placement.
For Non-California Employees: Short Term Disability (STD) is an income protection plan that insures a percentage of your weekly income as long as you continue to meet the plan's definition of disability. STD pays 80% of your total target earnings (base salary, commission and bonus) up to $5,000 per week through the 180th day of disability. These benefits are coordinated with other payments you may receive such as Social Security and state disability plan.
- Other benefits information Salesforce provides additional benefits for women, including: mother's rooms and phased-in post-maternity return.
- Lactation facilities Yes
- Phased-in post-maternity return Yes
- Care-taking benefits information We know you're always striving to be at the top of your game. The only way to maintain that exceptional performance level is to occasionally take breaks from work and devote some time to fun, friends, and family. Our generous time off and leave policies and assistance with childcare and elder-care give you the chance to relax, rejuvenate, or tend to personal matters.
- Back-up childcare Yes
- PTO that explicitly covers care-taking Yes
- Elder-care benefits Yes